City of Austin Energy
Texas Gas Service
How to fill out an application
Credit Card Authorisation Form
Addendum A & Move-Out Instructions
Pets are accepted on a per property basis. If allowed, size and breed restrictions may apply.
Most properties will require you to set up your own utilities if utilities are not included or billed to you through our office.
The application fee is $150 per applicant.
Yes, security deposits are due before an application can be processed.
Security deposits are non-refundable if you voluntarily withdraw your application. However, if your application is not accepted your security deposit will be refunded.
We accept a filled-out credit card authorization form, personal check, cashier’s check or money order. Cash is never accepted.
Submitting An Application to Live with Us
To Submit Your Application
Either follow this link for an online application or click this link for a paper application. Online applications are preferred.
Reserving Your Rental
You will then receive additional documentation to fill out and sign including a credit card authorization form to pay your application fee of $150 per applicant and the security deposit which is equal to one month’s rent.
Providing Your Documentation
You will be required to submit your proof of income along with your application. If using a Guarantor, your Guarantor will be required to submit their proof of income. See our Rental Selection Criteria for types of income we accept as well as requirements on income to rent ratios
What to Expect
Your application will be reviewed in the order it was received. Application processing times vary with an average turn-around time of 48 hours from the time all of your documentation is submitted, not including weekends. Please keep in mind additional documentation or alternative proof of income may be requested.
- Rent Payments are due on the 1st day of the month with a grace period until the 3rd. We will not be sending monthly reminders for rent or flat rate utilities. Late fees are assessed without notice starting the 4th day of the month. No more than 2 checks will be accepted for each property. Please make sure to always indicate the property that you are leasing on the check or money order submitted.
- If your lease starts or ends during the month, you will owe a pro-rated rent/utilities. To figure out the amount owed, do the following: Total amount due divided by 30, multiplied by the number of days you are occupying the property.
- Approved ways of payment: check (personal or cashier), money order, or credit/debit card (a 3% processing fee will be applied for card usage). No cash payment is accepted.
- Flat rate utility payments are due with your monthly rent on the 1st. Invoiced utilities from our office are due on the date indicated on said invoice.
- Money paid will be applied to the oldest charge on your account, making any unpaid balance late. Late fees will incur as they are outlined in the Lease Contract.
- Any insufficient checks will incur a minimum fee of $100 and late fees will be assessed until certified funds are received. The tenant will then be required to deliver all subsequent payments throughout the lease term with certified funds.
Tenants are responsible for
- Changing AC filters monthly
- All routine pest control
- Maintaining smoke detectors
- Plumbing stoppages
- Light bulb replacement
- Lawn maintenance (unless otherwise specified)
Please ensure to give written notice to vacate as specified in section 3 of your lease contract. Please read carefully Addendum A and Move Out Instructions of your lease contract to avoid charges being deducted from your security deposit.